This article relates to using a local license; the licensing scheme used in PROKON ver. 2.6 and earlier. PROKON ver. 3.0 introduces a new licensing option – License Manager – that performs automatic license activation. With License Manager, there is no need for manual activation or deactivation. You can install PROKON anywhere and simply log in to use your license. For more information, please see the PROKON Web Help.
Why do I get a Null remote address message when trying to activate or deactivate PROKON?
The Null remote address indicates that Prokon cannot access its online server.
Three possible causes:
- You use a dial-up modem to connect to the web and the operating system refuses a dial request: Dial in manually before activation.
- You use a LAN and proxy server to connect to the web: Ensure that the proxy settings are correctly specified in Microsoft Internet Explorer. You may have to contact your network administrator to complete this task.
- You're using a download accelerator on your dial-up connection: Temporarily disable the download accelerator before activation.
Consider using one of the alternative methods for activating/deactivating PROKON:
- Email: Will send an encrypted email to the PROKON license server. Under normal network conditions, you should receive a response within a few seconds.
- Browser (not available in PROKON versions prior to v 2.3): Will display the response from the PROKON license server in your your web browser.