This article relates to PROKON ver. 2.6 and is not relevant to later versions.
Live Update freezes when comparing versions.
If you are using LiveUpdate version 2.4.03 (November 2009) or earlier:
A change in the PROKON update service created an unforceen compatibility problem with previous versions of LiveUpdate client program. The problem was corrected in LiveUpdate version 2.5 (July 2010). To resolve the issue, please install the latest version of LiveUpdate using the procedure below:
- Download the latest version of LiveUpdate from www.prokon.com/downloads/LiveUpdate25.zip, and save it somewhere on your computer.
- Run PROKON, open the Tools menu, choose Install downloaded update, and browse to the downloaded file.
- Run LiveUpate from the Tools menu as normal.
If you are using any other version of LiveUpdate:
The apparent freezing may be causing by an anti-virus program. LiveUpdate compares the current versions of all the modules with the actual version reported by the exe file on your machine. Most real-time scanners insist on scanning the exe when accessed and this may add a considerable delay to the comparison process.
You can resolve this issue by:
- Temporarily disable the real-time scanner for the duration of the update or,
- Add the ..\Prokon\bin folder the the exclusion list of the scanner.