This article relates to using a local license; the licensing scheme used in PROKON ver. 2.6 and earlier. PROKON ver. 3.0 introduces a new licensing option – License Manager – that performs automatic license activation. With License Manager, there is no need for manual activation or deactivation. You can install PROKON anywhere and simply log in to use your license. For more information, please see the PROKON Web Help.
Activating a PROKON license is usually a simple process.
Basic Activation Instructions:
- For instructions to activate PROKON on a stand-alone computer or on a network, please refer to the web Help for PROKON Calcpad.
- You can share a PROKON license on multiple computers. More information.
The starting point for all licensing issues is the License Status screen. In PROKON versions 2.6, click the License Status button on the Home tab. In earlier version, open the Settings menu and select License Status.
Resolving Activation Issues:
Please try the following steps:
- If you see an "error 5", you may need to correct some folder permissions. More information.
- If you receive an "insufficient workstations" error, then your license is already in use one or more other computers. Please click open the License Status screen and click the Activation Log button. Your web browser will then open with a log of recent license activity and the names of the computers that use your license. You can deactivate one of the computers and then activate another computer. More information.
- Some licenses are configured for two sets, e.g. steel design modules in Set 1 and concrete design modules in Set 2. If you license has uses both sets, then check that you have selected the appropriate set.
- If the License Status screen does not show the correct license key number (e.g. it shows 00000 or 00001), then your license key could not be found. If you have an annual rental or purchase license, then please copy your license file to your \Prokon\Bin folder and/or use the License Location button to browse to the folder where the license is stored (e.g. license shared across network).
- If you have an Annual Rental license, then the License Status screen displays will show if your license has expired. Use the Order/Renew Programs button to place a renewal order.
- If you are using a Trial license, then then License Status screen will confirm if your trial period has expired. Please use the Order/Renew Programs button to place an order or contact one of our branches if you would like guidance is choosing a suitable license.