The Autopadds dimension settings will not Automatically be configured according to loaded dim styles in AutoCAD. The dimension settings and bar setup need to be configured manually to suit the user’s preferences.
In the Bar Setup Ribbon open the Bar Setup Window.
This window contains settings related to the display and calculation of rebar objects.
1. Annotation Settings
· Bar layer: All AutoCAD layers created in the DWG can be chosen to add the rebar to, from the dropdown list. This allow for better manipulation and administration of drawings containing rebar objects.
· Leader Line Color: This is the colour of the leader line. The Leader Line is not a property of the rebar object and applies to all rebar groups.
· Dot-Arrow Color: The annotative symbols colour can be customised to display as a different colour then the leader line. Hence easier spotting of where bar groups start and finish.
· Leader Dot Scale: Scales the leader dot relative to the dimension style scale.
· Rebar Dot Scale: Scales the rebar dot relative to the dimension style scale.
· Fill range Dot and Arrow: Fills the dots and arrows (solid).
· Rotate text with leader: Rotates text with a single bar rotation or rotates text from a ranged leader.
· Underline text-label: Underlines label.
· Use Flag Curtailment: Adds a flag to curtailment.
· Display section dim tips: Indication of start rebar with a circle as well as dimensions example A, B, C, D.
2. Bar Settings
· Bar Line Mode: Rebar can either be drawn as a single line or double lines. The Bar Line Mode also be adjusted at the AutoCAD properties tab.
· Top-, Bottom-, and Side Cover: Sets the cover reduction values at the respective sides if the bar.
· Cutting Length Increment: Sets the multiple to which the cutting length will be rounded off.
· Round-Up threshold: Sets the value below which the multiple will be rounded down.
· Only reduce cover on range line: Cover reduction only for the range line and not the length of the bar itself.
3. Member Setup
· Member: Select from the dropdown list the members that was created.
· Number Member: Members can be numbered.
4. Text-Label Settings:
· Default text size: This is the default size text. The text is not a property of the rebar object and applies to all rebar groups.
· Default Text Colour: This is the default text color and is not a property of the rebar objects. It applies to all rebar groups.
· Text Override: Sets the sequence of text variables to display.
· Highlight Barmarks and Circle Barmark: Indicates whether the text of the Barmark should be highlighted and\or encircled.
· Use annotative text scale: Selected when bar text and dimensions scales will be annotative with AutoCAD annotative scales.
· Mark Text Color: The colour of the highlighted Barmark if the Highlight Barmark tick box is selected.
· Mark Text Scale: The scale of the Barmark if Highlight Barmark tick box is selected.
· Add Override Code: Click on the Add button to create a custom override code for a specific bar type. Specify the name, the override code and the bar type.
· Tag Multiplier: Select the multiplier from the drop-down list such as B1 and B2.
5. File Locations
· Shape Code File: The shape code file location is displayed. Other Shape code files, such as the British shape code file, can be used by selecting the file path to the desired shape code file.
· Settings File: Different drawings can have different Bar Setups, and therefore different settings files can be created. To choose the applicable settings file, enter the correct file location or use the browse button (…).
6. Additional settings
· Link Member quantities: Automatically link quantities in the scheduler for rebar in a member, with the same bar mark.
· Input dialog: Shows more information on the cursor position during insertion of a bar. These values can be entered manually in the cursor dialog box.
The information contained in this article was compiled using AutoCAD 2017 and Autopadds 2017. Information may vary with other versions of the programs.