When working in a paper space viewport, the annotation scales the viewport and controls to the scale of the objects created in the viewport. Where multiple scales are supported, the annotative objects in the viewport are drawn and scaled based on the annotative scale. This does not affect the scale or display in the model tab or in other space viewports. This also applies to Autopadds’ rebar objects.
Add an annotative scale:
· Select the Annotate tab.
· Select Scale List under the Annotation Ribbon.
· The Edit Drawing Scales window will display.
· Select Add.
· Name the appearing in scale list.
· Change the Scale properties as desired and click on OK.
· Open the Autopadds tab.
· Select Bar Setup.
· Tick the Use Annotative Text Scale.
All rebar will be entered at the last selected dimension style chosen under the Annotate tab, but can be changed to any available annotative scale:
· Select a Rebar object.
· Right Click and select Properties.
· Annotative must be set to Yes.
· Annotative_scale: Select the scale for the rebar dimension from the drop-down list such as 1:25 or 1:100.
The information contained in this article was compiled using AutoCAD 2017 and Autopadds 2017. Information may vary with other versions of the programs.